Tuesday, September 11, 2007

HW 4: The Voice of the Customer

Everyone hates rainy days. Lounging around, helplessly motivating yourself to get something accomplished. When I began David Kline’s “The Voice of the Customer”, I climbed up onto my bed shivering from the breeze of the rain, and my stomach began to rumble. I knew I wouldn’t be able to focus without eating. I looked outside and thought “there’s no way I am going to set forth on campus through the pouring rain to eat at the Dining Commons”. So I thought, “What’s quick, easy, and delicious?” Campbell’s “Just heat and Enjoy” soup. It was as easy as walking down the hall, popping it in the microwave and within 2 minutes you’re devouring something equivalent to your mom’s homemade soup. American's today tend to believe that a healthy balanced meal is essential to your health and well-being. Campbell's soup is not only contains all the good nutrition facts your mother would look for on the back of a box or can, but it is also delicious! Being in college and surrounded by the many distractions of friends, family, and the tremendous work load, there sometimes is not enough time to sit down and fit in a 20-30 minute meal. Campbell’s advertises this beneficial way of eating through advertisements, the affordable prices, and right on the front of the can. “M’mm! M’mm! Good to go!” is written on the can, something I decisively thought when I sat back down to read. Having already been cooked, you can still endure the same great taste as whether you were to wait 15 minutes to make un-cooked soup. This method of “cooking” is a great advantage for “on-the-go” people. Whether you are heating up Campbell’s soup for a child on the run to soccer practice, a father late for a meeting, a college student hurrying to class or simply, just an easy way to enjoy a great taste, Campbell’s Soup offer’s many varieties to satisfy your needs.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nice colorful narrative.
Did you do the part of the assignment about looking at the product website and identifying what on the site coincides with the product's implied promise?