Tuesday, October 23, 2007

HW 23: With Apologies to Virginia Woolf

When viewing the website Jezebel I came upon some fascinating blogs, and I found that each one contained gossip and stories about women, which brings me back to when I encountered such headlines in the papers during my research of women and fiction years ago. I stumbled across one that caught my eye. The post, titled "Otherwise Engaged", found on http://jezebel.com/gossip/otherwise-engaged/-313922.php, spoke of a horrifying event. I'm not sure if the man was insane, or just down right like every other man. A 60-year old farmer proposed to a 28 year old woman in Malaysia, and if that doesnt show you anything yet, than keep listening. With respect to herself im sure, she denied the proposal, but the farmer did not cooperate with her decision. His male dominant side of himself slowly came out as he took on the antics of kidnapping her and forcing her into his car; a horrible unecessary event that would never result in a marriage. Thankfully, a witness reported the event to authorities, yet the man ended up releasing the woman with no harm done, and continued to submit himself to the police. This occurence shows the foremost willful side of men that come out when things do not go their way. As I browsed other posts I came across many that depicted women poorly, announcing the latest news in their life as if we all actually cared. Yet, do you see any of these women bringing out a psychotic side of them for the information about themselves posted for the world to see. A man ain't nothing but a hollow-minded freak to go through the footsteps of this 60-year old farmer.

No comments: